December 14, 2014

That Other Thing at the Trocadéro

"The Problem" with visiting a city like Paris is you only have a limited amount of time. Three days. Two weeks. One month...if you're exceptionally lucky!



We've been around this jewel of a ville for nearly four years now, and we're not even close to finished with just the things we'd like to do!

Enter another off-the-radar fantastic museum: Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimonie inside the Palais de Chaillot.

How this museum stays totally ignored is beyond me - oh wait, it's on the crest of the best view of the Eiffel Tower at the Trocadéro. So everyone's seen it, but they'd rather obsess over the giant latticed tower of wonder.

I was found guilty, too.

It took me - give or take - a hundred trips to the Tour Eiffel to finally give a deserving glance to my left. I found the models of places I have sought out: the châteaux, the cathedrals, the monuments. And I had them all to myself (for just 8 euros, regular adult rate).

I hope you can experience the magnificence of the architecture museum yourself someday! Until then, enjoy the photos!


Just one of many life-size "shadow boxes."
The models of churches, from all over France, just next to the Eiffel Tower.

Coucy-Le-Château is literally around the corner from my coach's house.
The entrance to more awesome stuff!
Gargoyles, ships, and angels.
Entrance to the crypt.
Peaceful . . . and creepy!
North view from the 4th floor (access not allowed). (Access found.)
The colors, paintings, subjects, and creativity on ceilings and walls.
Reason enough to go to this beautiful museum.